PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:33 am 

Have thanks: 0 time
(aka D610s)

Hey everyone, Nikon announced the new Nikon D7.... yawn... zzzzzzzzz

http://imaging.nikon.com/lineup/dslr/d750/

Post subject: Re: Nikon D750
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:41 pm 

they must think we are dumb enough to believe it's THE replacement of D700 just because it has the number 7. Look at the dial, look at the dual SD slots....I am so glad that I kept a copy of the D700. Well, I am getting the D810 for sure now.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:45 pm 

its a full frame D7100... not sure why they made it since the D610 already IS a full frame D7100.... weird logic to me... but w/e I'm sure people will still buy it. I will stick with my D80, D700 and D800e personally. Maybe wait for the D820!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:56 am 

I think it fits nicely between the 610 and 810, feature wise and price point. The 610 has a crippled viewfinder in that the focus points are grouped in a small pattern that don't reach beyond the central part of the frame, compared to other FX cameras. Dual slots is used by more people than one would think...backups, raw + jpg etc.. The fps is a bonus but the articulating screen will make this a very video friendly camera ( which I think is their target market for this camera). It'll also make low angle and hail marys much easier, unless one shoots eye level all the time. I'll be getting a loaner to try test drive and will likely get this over the D810.

The built in wifi is finally here but the ability to use the WT-5 is intriguing.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:23 am 

So the focus points on the D750 are slightly wider than the D610 grouping but also slightly tighter than the D810. The articulated screen is very nice. Very light but doesn't feel delicate. Wifi > smartphones transfers are FAST. Doesn't seem to be a way to tag and send, so you need to use a Nikon app on your IOS or Android to browse and select but they download quickly however. Will need to look into the tag and send thing...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:04 pm 

This is is SO tricky.

The ISO performance is stellar in the professionally usable (read: sub-12,800) range. The screen I couldn't care for. I see little use for pro's for the screen, although I can imagine a social media wizard might get a bang or two out of it. The control layout is not amazing, but works for most. Lack of AF-ON is not a deal breaker (program Fn & Prev buttons). I'm not sure why I am still considering the D810, something about this camera doesn't feel right, but the specs are perfect for most commercial work.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:02 pm 

Been using my 750 for awhile and loving it. The articulating screen is a must if you produce any video and you can change settings while rolling. Image quality is great and while it does feel light (compare to the 810 which friends have), it's no slouch. I consider it a digital FM2 in terms of product placement, not designed as a professional camera but one I think will see much pro use.

Was considering the 810 (super quiet shutter) but I didn't need/want the huge files.

As well, using this alongside a D4s is not a problem once you get used to the layout.

For the price and feature point, this is a winner in my books, more so than the Df.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:43 pm 

I was dismissive about this camera at the time of announcement because it wasn't the camera I was looking forward to. However, I've been hearing really good things about it and it's starting to appeal to me...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:33 pm 

Only had it since Saturday but its so clean at high ISO compared to my 5D2.

ImageD750 @ ISO 12,800 by Elisha Jesudason, on Flickr