Toronto Photography Meetup Group

TPMG.CA
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Office Santa Shoots??
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:38 pm 

Have thanks: 0 time
Flickr: RenatG
Hey guys, first off let me say that yes I am a beginner but I've managed to actually find a photographer to help out at his wedding shoots, even letting me be his second shooter with his gear of course. It's been great so far, learning a lot about the technical side of shooting and the business side.
However, the wedding season is winding down and he wants to expand the business a bit. The photographer is not too adept at working with the computer/internet, and thus asked me to research something for him. Office Santa Shoots. Is there a big market for this? What sort of sized companies would hire a photographer to come in and set up a Santa set, with an actual Santa and take pictures for an hour or two. He does these kind of shoots with certain bank branches in our area, but wants to expand further. It's one thing if he asked me to put up his name and advertise on the internet for him but to find companies that are in need of this, well I'm not bad with computers and such but I wouldn't know where to start to find this kind of information out. I appreciate any and all help, as well as input from any professionals that have done and or do these shoots currently.

Thanks everyone!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:27 am 
I'm on TPMG way too much

Have thanks: 0 time
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/pebbz
I think it's a matter of going through the "yellow pages" and looking up companies in the area you're willing to shoot and giving them a call. Our company has hired photographers in the past for yearly annual head shots or corporate parties. We also have bring your kids to work day the last day before closing for the holidays where we have activities for the kids. Linked in is a great source for finding out details about a company like it's size. I'm not sure how much of a demand it is. I'd imagine a lot of companies will try to get stuff for free and with so many people into photography these days, they'll ask if any of their employees are willing to take the photos. I know ours has, but they've also hired professionals too. But i guess if you are in the right place at the right time, you might be able to get a few shoots.