Toronto Photography Meetup Group

TPMG.CA
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SOLD: Canon 5D - update
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:36 am 
For those that followed the saga of my original 5D sale, that is if you read the story about him in 'Selling', you must know he has been sold.

As sad and upset i was to part company with my companion of several years, the many exciting journeys we faced, the long hours in extreme conditions shooting subjects from around the world... i am happy to report his journey continues as he is off to China with a new owner as we speak!

The scars he shows from his past journeys will take him to new and exotic pubs where he can talk with shiny polished other SLR's. That is what i wanted. Not to sit in a closet of some downtown loft retired, hell no, he will now experience yet another exotic place. The sights and sounds of a new adventure and i am happy again he will photograph interesting subjects and will tell new stories from continued travels... all the best and keep snapping my friend.

Ahhh, but my story also continues and now my new companion will travel with me, he is a Fuji x100, shiny and new. Exposed to the world for the first time last night. He will begin his adventures shooting paparazzi photos in trendy Yorkville this weekend for the annual TIFF festival in Toronto. Many stars to shoot on the streets if you know where to look and have paid off a few hotel concierge's along the way... which hollywood star will be the first for his virgin viewfinder... she better be dressed in her evening best with a pair of Christian Louboutin's or a special Alexander McQueen or Prada! He is as handsome as they get with his retro style, 35mm prime lens and large sensor... he already tells me B&W is what he wants.
Traditional eh... mmm, i see smoking cuban cigars and sweaters in my future... perhaps i will keep him in a weathered war-time navy bag.

After TIFF, secret agent (X) will travel to Italy for two weeks, shooting photos for a high end travel magazine. Rome, Tuscany and Venice. Perhaps some street photography in between... wonder if Italy will explode with riots just like Greece? Stay tuned, things could get interesting for me and my new buddy!

Have a great day and stay thirsty my friends!