Toronto Photography Meetup Group

TPMG.CA
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:49 am 

Have thanks: 0 time
Hi good folks,

Ive been away too long from this forum due to my job (lots of travelling n stuff). However, I'm back and I managed to let a photographer take me along to one of her weddings as a second photographer. But there is a twist to this.

She made me aware that i'm not a good "people" photographer (yet). But she did also tell me that I'm pretty good with everything else (lol ?). So, my assignment for the wedding is to basically compliment her shots. She being the main photographer doesn't always get time to click objects in the surrounding as she is mostly concentrating on the couple. I'm better at that according to her after she saw my website http://gallery.sheroy.com/.

I looked up this post http://tpmg.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11461&highlight=wedding+photography but its mostly a Canon thing IMO. I'm a Nikon person.

I have a Nikon D90 and have a 18-105mm f/4-5.6 + 50 mm f/1.8 lens and am planning to use the 50mm the most at the wedding to get nice macro type shots of the shoes, cake, etc etc.
So here are the questions..

A. Should I be renting a better lens?

B. Any tips on what other inanimate objects I can click pictures of? I have a list : bride shoes, wedding rings, invitation, cake, setup tables, the church, and food.

C. Any ideas on how to make these interesting? Im looking up a lot of photographers websites to get ideas. After all my main purpose here is to learn learn learn!

I appreciate your feedback.

-- sh3r0y