Toronto Photography Meetup Group

TPMG.CA
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:06 pm 

Have thanks: 0 time
I'm trying to decide between the Sony a6000, Panasonic Gx7 and the Olympus m5ii.

I really like the video stabilisation on the Olympus, but I'm not sure what the a6000 is like in that department. Anyone have opinions on these 3? Also how important is having a touch screen to you?

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 12:58 am 

It all boils down to your preference. Having a touch screen can be bothersome sometimes. I'd say always go for the functionality and performance.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:12 pm 

I don't know if it is important for you, but there is a considerable price difference between Olympus and the other ones.
Panasonic GX7 is ergonomically very good, but there are 2 issues I can see with it. When you use the viewfinder, it looks as if you are looking through a tunnel. The second issue is, if you are a JPEG shooter, the Panasonic colors are not as good as Olympus (my subjective view)

Sony A6000 is also very sturdy, and easy to hold. It has a better viewfinder than the GX7 and the sensor size is bigger. However, when it comes to lens selection, MFT gives you a better choice. Lots of options between different price points and quality. Sony relies on in-camera lens corrections heavily.

You asked between these 3 models, but I would strongly recommend you to have a look at Fujifilm cameras (XT1, XT10 or XE2).